Merriam-Webster defines guilty pleasure as: Something pleasurable that induces a usually minor feeling of guilt.
Here’s the thing though – I don’t feel guilt about any of the things I find pleasurable. I like them because I like them and I don’t think I should feel bad about that or be made to feel bad about it.
If I were to have legitimate guilty pleasures, they would be:
- Buying and drinking coffee
- Watching documentaries about everything under the sun
- Watching reality TV
- Looking at Instagram accounts dedicated to animals
- Eating a loaf of French bread in one sitting
- Drinking a whole bottle of margarita mix in one night
- Spending money on prints of pictures
Nothing too scandalous, just normal things that I’m sure everyone partakes in one time or another. But very interesting to think about.